Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dollar Store Birthday for Daddy


Today is Rob's Birthday and to celebrate Dax and I decided that we would go to the Dollar Store and Dax would pick out whatever his little heart desired for daddy.  These are the goodies he choose.

First, there is this AWESOME display of American pride. A bumper car magnet showing just how much Rob loves his country!
Second, is this little gadget!  A very handy, "Handy Wrist".   Dax told us this is for when daddy is building things and just needs a place to hold all the screws and nails that may go missing if little Drake is around.  Very clever gift!


Third,  more BYU stuff.  Dax knows how much Daddy LOVES anything BYU related so when we walked down the isle and saw these awesome displays of school pride, he knew he had to get them for him.  Now Rob has a fancy folder for his loose pages or syllabus and also a great composition book to write down all his thoughts.

Fourth, is this great microfiber car cleaning sponge.  Who doesn't need one of these! Dax knows that daddy likes to wash the car so this will definitely make it easier for Rob to get our cars sparkling clean.
Finally, there are these SUPER FANCY very soft and furry LADIES gloves.  When I first told Dax about going to the dollar store and picking out presents for daddy he told me, "I know what I want to get for daddy.......gloves!" I asked him why gloves and he said, " because daddy needs gloves to keep his hands warm."  DUH MOM.   I even asked him if he wanted to get daddy work/gardening gloves, because they had them at the dollar store, but he told me no.  These are the ones daddy needed.." 

Here is Rob and Dax posing with the FANCY LADY gloves!  Luckily they are stretchy so they fit Rob perfectly!!  Thanks to our sweet boy for making daddy's birthday so special. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!  We love you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why have I not known you had a blog! The gifts are hillarious! Especially the gloves!! I miss you. We need to get together!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I am so glad you blogged about it. The pictures are absolutely adorable. I am glad Dax had a good time at the Dollar Store. He sure picked some great gifts. Happy Birthday Rob!!!!

Aimee said...

How fantastic. I love the gifts he picked out. He knows how to pick great gifts! Glad you updated by the way

Heather said...

Stinkin' cute. I am laughing out loud reading about the funny things he chose. What a cute idea for a birthday.